Adult Christian Formation
"Christian Formation" is the lifelong process of growing in relationship with God, self, others and all creation. In this process, we are transformed into the people God wants us to be.
Christ Church provides a variety of opportunities for adults in our parish community to participate in prayer, study, worship, and fellowship that strengthens and deepens our relationship with God.
Adult Christian Formation Committee
The Adult Christian Formation Committee aids in the provision and scheduling of the church’s adult education activities as well as discerning new opportunities. We meet in the Parish House on the second Tuesday of each month.
Our activities include:
- Adult Forum Series - held Sunday mornings from 10:15 a.m. to 10:55 a.m. in the Murdock Room. Forums address a range of topics, from biblical study to community outreach and the state of the church. Speakers include clergy, ministry leaders and others from our parish community, as well as special guests from community organizations and academia. Please consult the church calendar for a schedule of upcoming events.
- Studies in Christian Faith - classes meet every Sunday morning from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. in the Parish House. Join us for lively discussion of a spiritual topic or book.
- Wednesday Morning Bible Study - held 11:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. in the Parish House.
- Advent Studies Class - meets Wednesday evenings during Advent. (Topics vary annually.)
- Lenten Film Series - Join us each Wednesday evening during Lent for dinner and a movie. These meaningful movies are chosen by the Rev. John McDuffie who will give a short introduction to the movie and lead a discussion of the content at the conclusion of the film.
- Lenten Devotional Booklet - compilation of daily devotional meditations by parishioners and clergy.
Faithful Professionals, CEO GOD
Let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands for us; yes, establish the work of our hands. — Psalm 90:17
Faithful Professionals, CEO GOD is a study, support, and strategic ministry group for those seeking spiritual fulfillment in their employment (or desired employment). Our mission is to find and keep joyful meaning in what we do professionally with our God-given talents.
- We question and consider what it means to live authentically as a Christian in all aspects of our lives.
- We share our challenges, blessings, insights, and examples about working faithfully in a secular world.
- We read and discuss inspiring scripture and articles.
We meet on the second and fourth Sunday of each month at 10:15 a.m. in the Parish House. Attendance is flexible and all are welcome.